36B Frogmore Street

Main details

Address:
Present Occupier:
Present Owner:
Ground Floor:
Other Floors:
Date when first used by present occupier:

36B Frogmore Street
Halls Furniture Store

Before and After Images

A glimpse of the chapel in the early 20th Century

 38B            2016            38A


 

About the building

 

Both sides of this building were built as a chapel by Mr White (local architect and builder) in 1871.

It was built in the Gothic style with three Y-shaped tracery windows on the main gable end-stone facade, gable entry type.

 

Recent history

2002: both sides converted into a shop for MIND with the upper floor used as a meeting room or dance floor.

 


 

Previous occupiers

Year

Name

Detail

Source

1970

Kelly

1937

Kelly

1934

Kelly

1930

Car/Npt & Dis

1926

Kelly

1923

Kelly

1920

Kelly

1914

Kelly

1910

Kelly

1909

Kelly

1906

Kelly

1901

Kelly

1895

Presbyterian Chapel

Kelly

1895

William J Day

Hay & Straw Dealer

Kelly

1884

Kelly

1879

Thacker

1877

Owen

1875

Mer & Croc

1871

Calvinistic Methodist chapel

Kelly

> 1868

1865

1862

Morris & Co

1858

Slater

1850

Pigot

1845

Pigot

1844

Slater

1841

Slater

1835

Pigot

1834-45

Pigot

1834

Car/Npt & Dis

1822

Pigot

1792

Pigot



 


 

Other information

If you have any further information about this property please email alhs@live.co.uk